Description: The City of Round Rock, in conjunction with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is developing a project to improve RM 620 from Deepwood Drive to IH 35. The purpose of the proposed project is to improve safety and enhance mobility in the project area. The project includes a bridge to carry RM 620 traffic over the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) and Chisholm Trail Road. In order to maintain access to businesses and residences in the vicinity of the proposed bridge, at-grade local access roads will be constructed between Lake Creek Drive and Chisholm Trail Road. A second bridge is proposed to carry RM 620 traffic over Lake Creek Drive.
Project Manager: Leah Collier - (512) 341-3318
- State Environmental Documentation and Schematic Design – March 2012-June 2013
- Detail Design and 30% Plan Submittal – July 2013-December 2013
- Detail Design and 60% Plan Submittal-May 2014-November 2014
- Federal Environmental Documents – May 2014-May 2015
- 100% Submittal – To Be Determined
- Bid – To Be Determined
- Construction – Calendar year 2016 pending funding, federal environmental clearance, UPRR approval, right-of-way acquisition and utility relocation.
Project Status: Currently under contract for 60% construction plans and seeking federal environmental approval.
Engineer: Halff Associates
Construction Contractor: To Be Determined