Call for Art for April ArtSpace Exhibit
Submissions due by March 29
Round Rock Arts (RRA) whose purpose is to encourage, support and enhance current and new Arts & Cultural activities in the Round Rock and the Greater Williamson County area, is now accepting artwork submissions from all artists 18 years of age and older who reside or work in the greater Round Rock and surrounding area for its April ArtSpace exhibit.
The theme for the April exhibit is Round Rock's Centennial. Deadline for submissions is midnight Friday, March 29.
The exhibit runs from April 1 – 29, 2013 at ArtSpace, 231 E. Main Street, Round Rock, Texas 78664.
Entries must be original works of art, entirely the work of the entrant. Entries may be 2D & 3D works in all mediums. All 2D entries must be framed and have a professional appearance. Works must be ready for hanging with wire (no saw tooth hangers). Unframed stretched canvas will be accepted if the sides are printed and no staples are visable. (Fully wrapped canvas only.)
Artist to put label on back of painting in upper left hand corner with: Title of Painting, Artist Name, Sales Price of Piece, Phone Number and Email address.
Entries which are sold from this exhibit (up to 30 days after the closing of the exhibit as a result of having been exhibited in this show) must pay Round Rock Arts a commission of 20 percent of the sales price.
All sales shall be handled between the artist and client.
Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work nor withdraw that work once it is accepted. All paintings will hang for the duration of the exhibit.
Round Rock Arts carries no insurance for loss or damage to artwork in the exhibit or in transit, not assumes liability for the same. However, every precaution will be taken for the safety of the work. Artists should provide their own coverage if desired.
How to Submit
- Artist may submit up to 3 original works in pdf or jpeg formats at a minimum file size of 1024X768 and not to exceed 5 MB in size online at [email protected] title the subject line in the email ‘April ArtSpace Call’
- Artist may submit up to 3 original works in pdf or jpg formats at a minimum file size of 1024X768 and not to exceed 5 MB in size online at [email protected] title the subject line in the email ‘ArtSpace, Wood or Glass Sculptures & 2D & 3D Abstracts (any medium)’
- Label the jpg image file with your last name, first name, title of painting and size, price i.e., Smith_Jane_Sunflowers in Spring_8x10_$200
- Artist must complete Artist Information form.
- A fee of $10 is required for each image accepted. If paying by check or money order, please make payable to RRA (Round Rock Arts). Payment will be made upon delivery of art at ArtSpace. (Please note ‘April ArtSpace Call’)
- Art content must be family friendly, as it will be displayed in a community facility.
- Artist will be responsible for art delivery and pickup at dates specified upon notification of art selection.
- Deadline for submissions -- Friday, March 29, by midnight
- Accepted works will be announced via email -- Saturday, March 30
- Accepted paintings will be received at ArtSpace -- 9 to 10 a.m. Monday, April 1
- Opening Artist Reception -- 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 4
- Artists to pick up paintings at ArtSpace - 8 to 9 a.m. Monday, April 29
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013