Total Number of Items for Checkout
Single Card holders
- New users may check out 5 items at a time for the first 30 days
- Regular users may check out a total of 15 items
Family Card holders
- New users may check out 15 items at time for the first 30 days
- Regular users may check out a total of 45 items
Are Holds Allowed?
3 weeks from renewal date
|New Books |
2 weeks from renewal date
|Bluebonnet Books |
|Videos, DVD's |
3 weeks from renewal date
|Cassettes, CD's |
3 weeks from renewal date
Overdue Fines: $0.20 per day, up to an $8.00 maximum per item. Fines are charged on holidays as well as on the days we are open. There are two book drops available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fines for lost or damaged items: Cost of the item + additional fees for non-book items
You can renew your items by accessing your account online or by coming into the library. Unfortunately, you cannot renew items over the phone.
Online Renewals, using My Account
- In the “Borrower Barcode” box, type in all 14 numbers from your library card (no spaces or punctuation).
- Then enter your 4-digit PIN number in that box. (The default PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
- Click on “Login.”
- At the top of the page, click on “Checked Out / Renew.”
- If you wish to renew all of your items, click on the box labeled “Renew”, in the green title bar at the top of your list of items. Notice that checks appear in every box next to items checked out.
- If you want to renew some, but not all of your items, click on the box next to each item you wish to renew.
- Click ONCE on the “Renew” button to renew the items. The new Due Date will appear.
- Click on "Log out" when finished.
You can not renew online if:
- The items have already been renewed two times
- The items have been requested by others
- The item is a Bluebonnet book
- Your card is expired, or will expire before the new due date
- Your fines and fees exceed $5
Resident and Non-resident Library cardholders can place requests on items that are currently checked in or checked out. Single card accounts may place up to 3 requests at a time. A card holder with a family account may place up to 9 requests at a time. Please know that the Round Rock Public Library charges $1 per item for requests that are not picked up or are canceled before the hold expires. Holds expire 7 days after email notification or regular mail is delivered.
TexShare members of RRPL are unable to request materials.
To place a request for an item:
- Search the Online Catalog to find out if the library owns the item. You may search the catalog by title, author, or subject. Once you have typed in your search, click on “Go.” This will bring up a list of titles or authors.
- To request an item, click on the "Request" button. Please click one time only. If the item is checked in, a staff member will pull the item off the shelf. However, availability is not guaranteed. You will be notified by email or by mail when the title is being held for you. If the item is checked out, you can be placed on a list and will be notified by email or mail that your item is available.
- Your next step is to log into your account. In the “Library Card Number” box, type in all 14 numbers from your library card with no spaces or punctuation. Then enter your 4-digit PIN number in that box. (The default PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
- Click on “Login.” You will see a request confirmation box. Click on "You may request that this item be held for you." You will see a note that the request was placed and that you will be notified when the title is available. If you wish to place another request, click on “Return to Searching” and start the process over again.
- You will be notified much more quickly if you give the library your email address and set your notification status to email. Please visit a Service Desk if you wish to change to notification by e-mail.
For Items Marked Checked In
Round Rock Public Library card holders may request a copy of a title that is “checked in”. Requests for items marked "checked in" are pulled off the shelves once a day. However, a hold placed on a "checked in" item does not guarantee its availability because our inventory changes frequently; titles are checked out and checked in throughout the day. If you place a title on hold and it is not available once you arrive at the library, most likely, someone checked out the title between the time you checked the catalog and the time our staff member went to pull the item off the shelf. In this instance, you may ask a library team member to place a hold request for you. We will send you a confirmation notice via email (or regular mail if we don't have your email account) that your item will be waiting for you to pick up.
For Items Marked In Processing
New items that have arrived in the library are given the status, "in processing" and may be requested by Round Rock Public Library card holders. Please allow at least two business days (Monday through Friday) for these requests to be processed. You will be notified when the item is waiting for you to pick up.