The Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department appreciates your interest in volunteering for your community. To make sure that your volunteer experience is successful, we ask the following:
1) Two weeks notice. We know you're in a hurry to help, but we want to make sure we're ready when your group arrives. Adequate notice lets us gather materials and supplies that are needed and make your experience successful.
2) Call us (512-218-5540) as soon as you see an opportunity you'd like to claim. Often several groups are looking at our volunteer list. To make sure you get the volunteer opportunity you want, let us know when you're considering volunteering with us. Also, please call if you must cancel and can't make a volunteer opportunity you've signed up for.
3) Provide us with a contact person's name and phone number. This is the person we'll call for information on your group, to go over last minute details, and discuss project status.
4) Record the number of hours you spend volunteering. If a group of 5 people helps us for 4 hours, that's 20 hours of community service! We use these numbers to log the support of the community and volunteer impact.
5) If you use city supplies, please be sure to use the sign in / sign out sheet. We loan shovels and various equipment to volunteers, but we need to be sure we use our check out process, so please return all supplies and use our sign in/ sign out sheet.
6) Take photographs when possible. Turn in your photos to us and you could end up on the city's website! We love group photos, individuals working, and a before and after picture of your project. Photographs can be put on a disc and sent to the Parks and Recreation office or email (please note: due to file size, some photographs will not be able to be sent via email.)
7) Feedback. We need your feedback to make our volunteer programs better. Please submit your comments in writing to our department or send an email. All constructive feedback is appreciated.
8) Have fun!