Monday, April 21 - Saturday, April 26
It's time to clean the clutter from around the house and dispose of those hazardous chemicals properly!
The City of Round Rock 2014 Spring Clean-Up Week is Monday, April 21 thru Friday, April 25, followed by the Spring Household Hazardous Waste Day on Saturday, April 26.
The City's Spring Clean-Up Week happens once a year and is a great opportunity for residents to get rid of large items easily and at no additional cost. The week ends with the Spring Household Hazardous Waste Day, which is an opportunity for residents to properly dispose of paint and many other chemicals, also at no additional cost.
Spring Clean-Up Week
Spring is in the air and if you're like most people, that means it's time to do some spring cleaning. The City of Round Rock's Annual Spring Clean-Up Week (April 21- April 26) is the perfect opportunity for residents to get rid of that old furniture or other bulk items without the hassle of hauling it off. All residents have to do is place any of the acceptable bulky items (see list below) at the curb with normal trash on their regular scheduled pick up day.
All materials should be placed neatly at the curb. Due to the large amounts of material expected, some items may not be picked up on the scheduled garbage collection day. There will be quantity restrictions. Please contact Round Rock Refuse at (512) 255-4980 for details.
Spring Household Hazardous Waste Day - Saturday, April 26, 8 a.m. - noon (rain or shine)
Finish up that Spring Cleaning by disposing of household hazardous waste (HHW) the environmentally friendly way! Residents can bring their leftover paint, pesticides, fertilizers and other chemicals (see list below) to the Recycling Center located at 310 Deepwood Drive.
- Valid driver's license
- Recent City of Round Rock water bill for proof of residency
- Only residential waste in quantities of 25 gallons or less
|HHW Items Accepted||HHW Items NOT Accepted|
| Pesticides|| Contractor or Business Waste|
| Herbicides|| 30 gallon & 50 gallon drums of materials|
| Fertilizers|| Trash|
| Poisons|| Medical Waste|
| Pool Chemicals|| Sharps|
| Household Cleaners|| Radioactive Materials|
| Paint/Paint Thinner|| Bullets & Live Ammunition|
| Polishes & Varnishes|| Explosives, Fireworks & Flares|
| Stain|| Tires|
| Lacquer|| Gas Cylinders|
| Aerosol Cans|| |
| Solvents|| |
| Turpentine|| |
| Adhesives|| |
| Mercury|| |
| Smoke Detectors|| |
| Automotive Products|| |
The City of Round Rock has an HHW Collection the 1st Wednesday of each month from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more information about the City's HHW Collection program see HHW Collection. If you have any additional questions please call (512) 218-5559 or e-mail email@example.com.
The following items are accepted daily from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Recycling Center:
- Electronics: computers, television sets, etc.
- Automotive products: motor oil, antifreeze, batteries, oil filters
- Non-freon appliances: washers, dryers, hot water heaters, stoves, dishwashers
Please visit Drop-Off Recycling Center for the complete list of items accepted at the Recycling Center.
- Non-freon appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers and hot water heaters can be placed curbside during the Spring Clean-Up Week, however they are not recycled. These can be recycled at the City's Recycling Center during normal business hours.
- Freon appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioner units and appliances that at one time contained Freon, CAN NOT be accepted at the City's Recycling Center or at the curb during the Spring Clean-Up Week.
- The following companies offer Freon appliance recycling services for a service fee. For more information please contact the following companies:
Tires - call the following companies for tire disposal information:
- Wal-Mart Automotive Center - (512) 310-9024
- Discount Tire - (512) 341-8593
- NTB National Tire and Battery - (512) 238-9523
Brush Recycling - Visit Brush Recycling for information or to schedule a pick-up, or you can call the Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department at (512) 218-5540. Pick-up requests can also be made online. The Brush and Recycling Services brochure (PDF) highlights the brush pickup program and free mulch available at the City of Round Rock.
Some files require a special viewer
- Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader
WMV Windows Media