Improve efficiency of the transportation network by eliminating bottlenecks
Identify, design and construct various bottleneck solutions
1. Gattis School Road at Rusk â€“ Center turn lane addition along Gattis School Road between Via Sonoma and just west of Rusk Road
Status: Under Construction, estimated completion by July 2013
2. Red Bud Lane at Forest Creek Drive â€“ dedicated right turn lane for southbound to westbound traffic at Red Bud Lane and Forest Creek Drive
Status: Design is 90% complete, evaluating feasibility of median modifications to further improve safety and mobility
3. Old Settlers Boulevard at A.W. Grimes Boulevard - dedicated right turn lane for eastbound to southbound traffic at Old Settlers Boulevard and A.W. Grimes Boulevard
Status: Construction beginning June 2013
1. Red Bud Lane at Gattis School Road - dedicated right turn lane for southbound to westbound traffic at this intersection.
Status: Completed Spring 2012
2. Red Bud Lane at Forest Creek Drive â€“ dedicated right turn lane for northbound to eastbound traffic at this intersection.
Status: Completed Spring 2012.
3. Gattis School Road at Greenlawn Boulevard intersection improvements - dedicated left turn lanes for northbound and southbound traffic.
Status: Completed in May 2012
4. University Boulevard at Sunrise Road â€“ Right turn lane for eastbound to southbound traffic.
Status: Completed February 2013
The schedule for each individual improvement is determined by the scope of work.
- Budget - $1,100,000
- Project Manager - Todd Keltgen - (512) 218-5583
- Engineer - various
- Construction Contractor - various