List of all fines (pdf) | Flowchart of Citations in Default (pdf)
If you have received a citation from the City of Round Rock, this page provides information on the likely fine associated with it and payment options. Offense descriptions may vary and can be written in multiple ways. If you need clarification, call the Municipal Court Clerk’s office at (512) 218-5480.
If there was an accident involved and you received a moving violation, the fine is $220.
Construction zone citiation
If you were charged with speeding in a construction zone and workers were not present, your fine will be the same as a normal speeding violation.
If you were charged with speeding in a construction zone and workers were present, your fine will be doubled and you will not be able to take a Drivers Safety Class to have the ticket dismissed.
The maximum fine for most municipal court cases is as follows:
- Traffic Violations, $200
- Penal Violations, $500
- City Ordinances, $500
- (Only certain ordinances), $2,000
If you received a parking violation, you have two options:
- You may speak with the Judge on your appearance date at 9 a.m. or
- You may pay the fine by the appearance date on your citation.
Parking violation fees
- Parking in a handicapped space, $512
- Parking in a fire zone, $175
- Other parking violations, $75
Paying Your Citation
Round Rock Municipal Court accepts payments only in the form of:
- Money order
- Visa or MasterCard in the clerk's office (The person who received the ticket must be present and the card must be in their name. Valid photo identification will be required and the name on the photo identification, must match the credit card and the name on the ticket)
- Online payment with a Visa or MasterCard for some violations
A valid driver's license of photo identification is required. No personal or business checks are accepted.
Additional processing fees will be charged when paying online. Payments made after 2 p.m. will be processed the next business day. There is no guarantee that this online payment application will show all of your violations. When entering your citation information on the website, please enter the citation exactly as it is printed on your citation.
Please be aware that not all violations may be paid online, some will require your appearance in court or payment must be made in the Municipal Court Clerk's office as additional paperwork will be required. Please contact the Municipal Court Clerk’s Office at (512)218-5480 if you have questions.
You may not pay online if any of the following apply to you:
- Requesting a driver's safety course or deferred disposition
- Minor charged with a violation involving tobacco or alcohol
- Under the age of 17 at the time of the violation
- Posting a Cash Bond
- Requesting a Dismissal
Requesting a payment extension
If you would like to enter a plea of No Contest or Guilty, you may request a 30-day extension to pay the fine in full. This request can be made either in person or by sending the Extension Form (pdf) to the clerk's office, provided that you do so on or before the required appearance date which was assigned to you on your citation. The Extension Form is also available in Spanish (pdf). Only one extension will be allowed.
If you have personal information such as an address or phone number change, please state your citation number and driver's license number and that you are updating your personal information. It will be the responsibility of the person who received the citation to call (512) 218-5480 to verify the fax was received and approved by the judge.
Any other arrangements must be made by the defendant's personal appearance.
No arrangements are made on cases if a warrant has been issued for your arrest.
Some files require a special viewer
- Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader
WMV Windows Media