homepage
Skip to page body Home About Round Rock What's New City Services Library Parks & Recreation Departments
spacer
Round Rock, Texas - Purpose. Passion. Prosperity.
spacer
  Click here to start search.
spacer
Athletic Programs
Aquatics / Pools
Allen R. Baca Center
Clay Madsen Recreation Center
Downtown Plazas
Forestry
Parks and Trails
Park Development
People and Parks Giving Circle
Registration
Rental Facilities
Special Events
Parks and Recreation Strategic Master Plan
Volunteer
Staff Directory
FAQ
spacer
 Kids' Clubhouse After School and Day Camp Programs
Print

Spring Break Camp Flier (PDF) | Summer Day Camp Flier (PDF)| Summer Sport Camp Flier (PDF)| After School/Preschool Site Programs | Seasonal Camps 

The Clay Madsen Recreation Center  offers a variety of after school programs, preschool programs, day camps and sports camps for children of all ages.  See below for specific information for each program.

After School/Pre-school Site Programs

The Kids' Clubhouse Afterschool Program
The Clay Madsen Recreation Center’s Kid’s Clubhouse Afterschool Program provides exciting activities and experiences that will make long lasting memories for your child.  Your child will participate in creative arts and crafts, cooking, active outdoor and gym games and much much more.  All activities are based on weekly themes from “Blasting off Back to School” to “Fall into Fall” to “Movin’ and Groovin’ into Summer.” 

The Kids’ Clubhouse will provide transportation from Voigt, Callison, Gattis, Blackland Prairie and Forest Creek Elementary Schools.  If your child attends another school, and you can provide transportation, they are welcome to be a part of the Kids Clubhouse program. 
 
All registrations for the Kids’ Clubhouse Program will take place at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center Administration Office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Registration for the 2014-2015 School Year will begin Monday, July 7, 2014. Registration will remain open until all spaces are filled.

Toddler Treehouse Preschool Program
The Clay Madsen Recreation Center Toddler Treehouse Preschool Program is an annual developmental program that offers children ages 3-5 years an opportunity to explore and learn from “A to Z”, “123”, “All about me” and much more!  Activities include hands on crafts, cooking, games, tactile learning activities and fun field trips.  Each Toddler Treehouse participant must be completely bathroom independent.  Morning snack is provided; each Treehouse participant must bring a sack lunch daily.

  • Ages 3’s and 4’s on Tuesdays/Thursdays 
  • Ages 4’s and 5’s on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays 

Program time is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.    

All registrations for the Toddler Treehouse Program will take place at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center Administration Office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. 

Registration for the 2014-2015 School Year will begin Monday, July 7, 2014.  Registration will remain open until all spaces are filled.

Seasonal Camps

Holiday Camp
We proudly offer Holiday Camp during the Round Rock ISD Holiday Break. Enjoy games, arts and crafts, field trips, sports and fun! For Ages 5 - 12 years. 

Spring Break Camp
Spring Break Camp is for ages 5-12 years. This camp will offer a week full of games, field trips, sports, arts and crafts, swimming and loads of fun. Campers must bring a sack lunch each day.

This program operates Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the established Round Rock School District Spring Break Week. 

Download the Spring Break Camp Flier (PDF) 

Summer Camps
A variety of Summer Day Camps for all ages are available.  We offer full day camps, adaptive special needs camps, special interest camps and much more. Play, Learn, Grow and have fun with us this summer.  For a complete listing of Day Camps, sessions, dates and times visit www.roundrockrecreation.com 

Download the Summer Day Camp Flier (PDF)
Download Summer Camp Information (PDF)

Kapers and Kids & Rockin R Summer Day Camps
Don’t let another summer slide by in the blink of an eye, while your child does the same old routine. Sign them up for our Kapers and Kids or Rockin’ R Summer Camp, where each week is a new adventure. The campers will go on weekly field trips as well as swimming and park days. They will also participate in indoor and outdoor games, sports, cooking projects, arts and crafts and much more. By the end of this summer your kids will have plenty to say when they are asked, “What did you do this summer?”  For ages 4 – 12 Years. 

Each week is set to its own theme for everyone to get involved in. Please send campers with a sack lunch and water bottle each day.  Morning and afternoon snacks provided.
 
Payments for Summer Day Camps must be made in full or agree to a monthly payment plan.  If utilizing the monthly payment plan, 30% of all weeks you wish to register for is due at time of registration and the remaining 70% of each week will be due on the 10th of the month, one month in advance. 

A Contact Information Form must be completed online at the link below. This form must be completed before the first day of camp. This form does not guarantee registration. Registration must be accompanied by payment in person for payment plan options, or online if paying in full.

Link to Contact Information Form
Download Payment Agreement Form (PDF)
Download Summer Camp Flier (PDF)
Download Summer Camp Information (PDF)

Hours: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Ages: 4 - 12 years
Cost: $115/session
Location: Kapers and Kids: Kinningham Park, 1000 South Creek Drive
Rockin R: Old Settlers Tabernacle, 3300 E. Palm Valley Blvd.

CIT Leadership Program
This two week program is for teens who are interested in becoming future leaders and counselors.  Each teen participant must be able to commit to the development of their leadership skills while helping guide, instruct and set up games and activities for all of our Summer Day Camp Programs.  CIT’s should bring water bottles and sack lunches each day. 

Hours:  7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Ages:  13 - 15 years
Cost:  $165/session (2 weeks)
Location:  Kinningham Park/Old Setters Association Tabernacle

Download CIT Payment Agreement (PDF)
Link to Contact Information Form

Adaptive Camp-Youth & Teen
The Adaptive Youth Camp is for youth (ages 5-12) with disabilities; Adaptive Teen Camp is for teens and adults (ages 13-21) with disabilities.  This program offers daily activities, each related to the weekly theme, including swimming, field trips, arts and crafts, sports, drama, cooking, group games and lots of fun!  Youth camp's ratio is 1 staff member for every 4 campers.  Teen camp ratio is 1 staff for every 5 campers.  Campers must be able to behave and function within this ratio. 

Payments for Summer Camps must be made in full or agree to a monthly payment plan. If untilizing the monthly payment plan, 30% of all weeks you wish to register for is due at time of registration and the remaining 70% of eack week will be due on the 10th of the month, one month in advance.

A Contact Information Form/Waiver must be completed online at the link below. This form must be completed before the first day of camp. This form does not guarantee registration. Registration must be accompanied by payment in person for payment plan options, or online if paying in full.

Link to Adaptive Camp Contact Information Form
Download Adaptive Camp Scheduled Payment Agreement (PDF)

Hours:  7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Ages: 5 - 12 years and 13 - 21 years
Cost:  $155/session
Location: Clay Madsen Recreation Center

Summer Day Camp Payment Plans
The Clay Madsen Recreation Center and Round Rock Parks and Recreation offers a summer day camp payment plan for those parents who wish to break up their camp payments.

30 percent of the cost of each week registered will be required at time of registration.
70 percent of the cost is due on the 10th of the month, one month in advance of camp weeks attending.

Download Payment Plan (PDF)

Summer Sports Camps
A variety of Summer Sports Camps for all ages are available. Learn the fundamentals of a variety of sports and or better your talent in one specific sport.  Sports camps include Sporty's for Shorty's, Slam'n Jam'n Basketball Camp, Flag Football, Brandy Perrymen Shooting Camp, Fencing, Karate, Sportball, Girls Volleyball, Tennis, Racquetball and much more.  For a complete listing of Summer Sport camps visit www.roundrockrecreation.com.

Download Summer Sports Camp Flier (PDF)



Some files require a special viewer - Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader ZIP WinZip DOC Word XLS Excel PPT PowerPoint WMV Windows Media

spacer
spacer
City of Round Rock | 221 East Main Street, Round Rock, Texas 78664 | Phone: (512) 218-5400
©2014 City of Round Rock. All Rights Reserved. | Customer Survey | Site Map | About this website