The Round Rock Police Department Traffic Unit is assigned to the Patrol Division. The unit works closely with city and state transportation departments to increase traffic progression throughout the city. All officers have received specialized training in basic and advanced accident investigation to include collision reconstruction.
The mission of the Traffic Unit is to increase public awareness of traffic laws, education of drivers and increase the safety of our citizens on the roadways through traffic enforcement. This mission will be accomplished in a collective effort with the community we serve.
The following is a list of the primary functions of the Traffic Unit:
- Traffic Enforcement and Education
- Responds to fatal collisions
- Assists with traffic pattern, signal coordination and "traffic flow" issues
- Performs follow-up investigations on all "leaving the scene" collisions
- Responds to traffic complaints submitted by phone or via email
To contact the Traffic Unit, please call (512) 218-6654.
Report a Traffic complaint