Licensing your pet is one of the best ways to ensure that if they stray or get lost, they come back home to you. City ordinance requires all Round Rock residents to license their dogs and cats annually. Residents living outside the city limits are required to obtain a Williamson County license tag.
Click here to register your pet online.
- A dog or cat must be at least 3 months old and have a current rabies vaccination.
- An animal may be registered at any local participating veterinarian during business hours.
- Registration information is entered into a database and is accessible 24 hours a day.
- License tags are $5.00 for spayed/neutered animals and $10.00 for intact animals.
- License tags are valid for one year.
- Registration is required annually.
- Dogs trained and certified to assist the disabled can be registered at no charge (proof required).
If your pet becomes lost, don’t give up. How carefully you search and how persistent and resourceful you are can determine whether or not your pet will be found.
- Look closest to home first;
- Distribute flyers in your neighborhood;
- Check with your local veterinary clinics;
- Notify neighbors, search “found pet” ads in local newspapers and Craigslist, and visit the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter.
If you do not find your pet right away, contact other animal shelters in your area.
Some files require a special viewer
- Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader
WMV Windows Media