Scott & White Healthcare in Round Rock presents the Bat-Stravaganza Fun Run and Family Fesitval from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 18.
The 2009 Scott & White Bat-Stravaganza is a non-competitive, 5K family fun run and walk for all ages and athletic abilities. Chip timing will be available for interested runners. The Kids 1K starts at 8:30 a.m. and the 5K Fun Run starts at 9 a.m.
Registration for the run is $10. All registration proceeds will benefit Hope Alliance, an organization dedicated to empowering victims of family violence, sexual assault, and other violent crimes through support and advocacy.
Admission to the Family Festival is free. All event attendees will receive a free Baxter the Bat stuffed animal. Festival events include:
- Biscuit Brothers concert
- Climbing rock wall
- Face painting from Kiwi the Clown
- Balloon animals, juggling and magic by Bonzo Crunch, Fool at Large Caricatures
- Moonwalk Pregnancy and chair massages
- $1 Raffle with tons of great prizes
- Fitness, wellness and safety booths
- Bat Clinic - Children will have the opportunity to take their Baxter the Bat toy through a "check-up" at fun and educational booths in our Emergency Department. This clinic can help ease the fear and anxiety many children feel when visiting a doctor's office.