It's Community Helpers Week at your Library!
Join us at 9:30 in Room A for a baby-friendly session with Jennifer Watson from Seton & White's Poison Control Center to learn strategies for keeping kids safe from toxic substances.
While you're here, be sure to visit the big construction equipment and friendly construction crews behind the library near the Book Drop. You can find them there between 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Our Community Helpers Week schedule includes:
- Monday, 8/27, 7 p.m.: Therapy Dogs
- Tuesday, 8/28, 10:30 a.m.: Trash and Recycling crews and equipment
- Wedesday, 8/29, 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.: Construction crews and equipment
- Wednesday, 8/29, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.: The Poison Control Center presents a special safety storytime for kids with poison safety information for parents.
- Thursday, 8/30, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.: Firefighters and equipment
- Friday, 8/31, 10:30 a.m.: Firefighters and a fire truck
Most weeks, the Round Rock Public Library presents Babytime and Toddlertime Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.
Babytime is a program for babies and their parent or caregiver which encourages language development and learning through stories, rhymes, and music. Each week, there will be a different theme for the babies to enjoy--listening to stories, singing songs, and doing finger plays. After the brief story session, babies and caregivers have playtime to interact with toys and other participants.
Babytime is featured weekly at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Thursdays are for children ages newborns to 12 months old.
- Wednesdays and Fridays are for children ages 12 to 18 months old.
Toddlertime is an active storytime session that helps develop early literacy skills for ages 18 months through three years old. Toddlertime meets Wednesdays at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m., Thursdays at 10:30 a.m., and Fridays at 10:30 a.m.