Grab your pole, tackle and bait for the City of Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department's Youth Fishing Derby from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 29, at Bright Lake in Old Settlers Park.
The event is free but please register.
t-shirts will be given to the first 150 pre-registered participants at check in.
There will be three age divisions in this catch and release derby:
- Perch Division (ages 3-5 years)
- Snapper Division (ages 6-9 years)
- Redfish Division (ages 10-12 years)
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Largest Bass Caught Overall (by weight)
- Total Weight of Fish Caught for each division
- Number of Fish Caught for each division
The event is free but pre-registration is strongly encouraged. For ages 3-12 years and all children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants must provide all of their own equipment and one fishing pole per child.