Summer Reading is back, and Joe McDermott is helping us celebrate!
Join the Youth Services staff for a free outdoor concert at 10 a.m., then head across Main Street to the Round Rock Public Library to cool off and pick up some great things to read.
Note: Although this concert traditionally has opened the Summer Reading Program, the 2014 program features a soft launch that counts all reading from June 1 through Aug. 4. Perhaps this change will translate to shorter lines and happier kids. Here are the details:
- Register online at your convenience any time from May 12 - July 25, 2014.
- Begin counting your reading June 1.
- The Summer Reading table will be staffed beginning June 4; however, until June 10, there's no need to visit the table unless you have questions or need a little help registering. Of course, the Youth Services staff and the awesome teen volunteers are always happy to help.
- If you are not able to access our online reading program at home, you are welcome to use the library's computers, or to bring your own devices and use the library's free WiFi.
- The first day to collect prizes is the 10th day of the program, June 10.