Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age but not thirty-six (36) years of age or older to take an entrance exam and may not be certified as eligible for a beginning position if thirty-six (36) years of age or older at time of job offer.
- Must be Texas Commission on Fire Protection Certified Structural Firefighter
- Texas Department of Health Certified EMT or currently enrolled in a commission approved academy and DSHS approved EMT class
- A copy of certification must be provided by the test date. If possible, please upload the certification to your City of Round Rock application.
- If currently enrolled in an academy or EMT class, include a letter from the coordinator stating anticipated completion date.
- If discharged from the military, the discharge shall not have been under less than honorable discharge.
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, an appropriate valid Texas drivers’ license and possess a driving record which meets current City auto liability insurance requirements.
- Must pass a drug screening test and criminal history background review.
Training Division Contact Information:
If you have any questions in regards to Firefighter/EMT training, certifications, transferring certifications from out of state, or health and safety, feel free to contact Battalion Chief Gunther von Seltmann with the Training Division.