Alcoholic Beverage Permits

The sale of beer, wine and mixed beverages is permitted within the city limits of Round Rock dependent on the business location.  To verify what what permit is allowed at your location, please visit the Williamson County Website to view the Wet/Dry map. To verify that your location is inside the city limits of Round Rock, please visit City View.

City of Round Rock Code prohibits the sale of alcohol within 300 feet (door to door) of a public school, public hospital or church, unless the public school, public hospital or church is located within a commercial zoning district.

The City of Round Rock lies in both Williamson County and Travis County.  For those businesses located in Williamson County, no sale of alcohol is permitted after midnight as the City of Round Rock does not have “late hours.”  Travis County locations are permitted to sell past midnight due to Travis County having “late hours.”

Obtaining a Permit

  • Contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) to begin the process and obtain a pre-qualification packet.
  • The pre-qualification packet must be approved by the City Clerk as well as either the Williamson County Clerk or Travis County Clerk (dependent on the business location).
    • To obtain approval for the packet, please come to 221 E. Main Street, 3rd floor.
    • It is recommended that you call 24 hours in advance before coming to City Hall.
  • Once the TABC process is complete and approved, you will receive a TABC alcohol permit.  State TABC permits are good for two years.
  • The City of Round Rock annually issues local city permits to businesses with the fee being 1/2 of fee that the State charges. City of Round Rock permits are good for one year.
  • Invoices and permits are processed once a month based on data received from the TABC regarding the renewal of state permits.
  • A business MUST display their local permit next to the the state permit.

For questions regarding City Alcoholic Beverage Permits, please contact the City Clerk at (512) 218-5404.