Winter Weather Recovery

FEMA Individual Assistance

Residents of Williamson County are eligible to apply for FEMA’s direct assistance to individuals and households through May 20. You can get a personalized list of possible assistance or apply to learn if you’re eligible for disaster assistance by registering online at or by calling 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585. Learn more about FEMA assistance at

Trash and recycling 

Round Rock Refuse has resumed its normal schedule for trash and recycle pickup for City of Round Rock residential customers. Trash service includes the regular “plus 7” item pickup: Residents can place 7 additional bags or bundles curbside with your bin. Customers who intend to use their regular pickup service to discard tree limbs must bundle the limbs so the bundles are no more than 4 feet in length and weigh 40 pounds or less. The bundle cannot include tree limbs greater than 4 inches in diameter. 

Tree limbs

City of Round Rock residents have three options for removal of downed tree limbs: 

  1. Take limbs to the Brush Recycle Center310 Deepwood DriveDrop-off service for small loads is free for Round Rock residents ONLY. There is a fee for larger loads and non-residents. No contractor drop-off is allowed. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.  
  2. Cut and bundle limbs for curbside pickup on your regular trash pickup day, following Round Rock Refuse’s regular “plus 7” requirement. You can place 7 additional bags or bundles curbside with your bin. Customers must bundle limbs so the bundles are no more than 4 feet in length and weigh 40 pounds or less. The bundle cannot include tree limbs greater than 4 inches in diameter.  
  3. Request curbside pickup online at Brush piles should not obstruct traffic on streets or sidewalks. Follow the guidelines in the picture below when placing limbs for scheduled curbside pickup. This service is for residents only, not contractors. The service charge is $25 for the first five minutes and $1 for each additional minute.

Here’s a video with more tips on ensuring your limbs can be picked up when placing them curbside:

Residents with mobility issues or disabilities who need assistance with limbs should email our Neighborhood Services Division for help at 

Utility Billing

To help utility customers who experienced leaks in their homes between Feb. 12 and Feb. 24 due to the recent severe winter weather, the City of Round Rock will be making adjustments to their bills so they don’t have to pay for the water lost. 

Customers with leaks will see a credit on future bills for excess consumption due to the weather event. The City will be using its automated metering system to identify potential leaks, but customers are welcome to call the Utility Billing office at 512-218-5460 if you believe you have experienced water loss during the weather event. 

Because the weather forced the closure of City offices for a week, our billing cycles have been delayed. The delay will not impact the number of days or water consumption customers are billed for; it only alters the timeline for sending the bills. Accounts affected by this delay will not receive penalties or be disconnected for the bills delayed in February. 

The City will keep residential wastewater charges unchanged from last year to prevent any adverse impacts of pipe bursts or dripping faucets on our customers’ winter wastewater averages from this year’s storm.

We ask for customers to be patient as we work to complete these intensive billing and adjustment processes. Please call the Utility Billing office at 512-218-5460 if you have questions or to report a leak.

Free inspection of storm damage repairs 

The City is offering free inspections of repairs necessitated by damage by the recent winter storm. In particular, the City is interested in inspecting repairs to water heaters and/or gas lines. Faulty work in those areas could result in serious life and safety issues. City of Round Rock residents with questions on whether they should seek an inspection should call 512-218-5550. 

Winter storm damage cleanup for those in need

Residents in Bastrop, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties can call the “Crisis Clean Up” toll free number at 1-800-329-8052 requesting assistance to clean up their home and/or debris. Client information will then be shared with a network of volunteer organizations. These organizations will coordinate cleanup with homeowners and will ultimately deploy their volunteers to homeowner locations to assist in clearing the debris and removing interior water/storm related damage.

The “Crisis Clean Up” line opened Saturday and will operate from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, and 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Homeowners can register for assistance through the “Crisis Clean Up” number until Friday, March 12.

Learn more

Donate to the Round Rock Area Serving Center

Donating to the Round Rock Area Serving Center is one way to address immediate need in our local community following February’s winter weather event. Donate here

Broken pipes 

For those customers who suspect they have a leak or broken pipes, the City recommends they turn off their private shutoff valve, typically located on private property outside of the meter box, before calling a plumber. If you are in need of a plumber or electrician, the Round Round Chamber maintains an online list of businesses that are part of the chamber here.

Electricity and natural gas

The City of Round Rock does not manage natural gas nor electric utilities. Oncor and ERCOT are the best contacts related to outages, and Atmos Energy provides distribution of natural gas in the City and has created an FAQ for customers with questions about their bills