The Library offers opportunities for internships and school projects. We can accommodate Capstone and other internships, and individuals doing class projects. While these are primarily for library school students, other undergraduate and graduate internships and projects will be considered. Examples include:
- Statistical analyses
- Pilot project development and testing
- Cataloging and/or indexing genealogical and reference materials
- Collection analyses
- Student-designed projects
Opportunities for Library School Students
Some areas require volunteers who are library school students, graduates or undergraduates intending to enter a library school program or internship. These positions require approval by the Public Services Division manager. They include:
- Service Desk Assistant — Provide basic reference and circulation services.
- Ask a Librarian — Assist with our e-mail reference service. Must have e-mail access and be willing to respond to questions within 48 hours.
- Cataloging — Copy level cataloging. Requires completion of introductory level cataloging course.
- Special Projects — Past projects have included genealogical assistance, marketing, and newspaper scanning.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 512-218-3279 to inquire about internships or special projects.