**** Due to a large number of applications we have closed registration****
The Volunteer Center in Round Rock can help with finding other opportunities.
- Man a summer reading table handing out prizes to children and teens.
- Help families register online for the Summer Reading Challenge.
- Other duties may also be assigned as needed including straightening books, toys, and materials in the Children’s area and Teen room.
Sound like something you’d like to do? Can you answer YES to the following questions?
- Are you between the ages 13-18?
- Can you commit to at least 7 weeks of volunteering during June 5-August 5? ( 8 12/ weeks)
- Do you have good customer services skills?
- Do you love to share your passion for reading with others?
- Can you provide a letter of recommendation (email or letter) from someone who knows you, if this is your first year of applying to volunteer?
When you apply please note the following:
- We assign each volunteer two shifts, unless you request just one.
- We cannot guarantee you will be given the shift you ask for, but will try to work with you.
- If there are a large number of applicants, you may not be assigned a shift and will be asked if you would like to be on a waiting list.
- Returning volunteers will be given preference in their choice of shift.
- References will be asked for once shifts have been allocated and must be received at or before Orientation.
Successful applicants will be notified mid April and will be required to attend one of two Orientations, as indicated on the application form:
- June 3, 6-7:30 pm or
- June 4, 10:30 am-12 pm
Need more information? Contact Jane Dance, 512-218-7012.