The Round Rock Public Library 2021 Summer Reading Challenge runs from June 7 – August 2.
Want to apply to be a Summer Reading Challenge volunteer? Registration is OPEN! We are planning to offer a modified in person volunteer opportunity this summer, but please be aware that as the COVID-19 pandemic continues our plans may change. We will keep all applicants up to date with progress.
Here is what we are planning:
- Two socially distanced volunteer stations, with plexiglass, masks provided if you do not have one, and a well sanitized work area.
- Prizes will be limited to encourage everyone to “grab and go”.
- Shifts will cover Library open hours which are currently, Monday-Saturday 10am-6 pm, and Sunday 1-6 pm.
If interested can you answer YES to the following questions?
- Are you between the ages 13-18?
- Do you have good customer services skills?
- Can you provide a letter of recommendation (email or letter) from someone who knows you, if this is your first year applying to volunteer?
When you apply please note the following:
- We are not asking for shift preferences when you apply, that will be decided in May.
- We will ask you to follow COVID-19 protocol and notify us if you feel unwell and not come to your shift.
- Depending on how many apply, we may not be able to offer everyone a shift.
- If selected and this is your first year volunteering references will be required before June 1.
To apply please fill out the application form
Registration closes May 17 and everyone will be notified by May 24.
Need more information? Contact Jane Dance, 512-218-7012.