View or Pay Library Fines/Fees
The Round Rock Public Library is pleased to offer the ability to view or pay Library Fines/Fees online. You’ll need your library barcode and PIN number to access the SmartPay online service.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is my PIN?
- How do I pay my library fines/fees online?
Our secure payment system can be accessed through this web page. Click on the SmartPay button. To log in, enter your Library Card Number and PIN. (PIN should be last 4 digits of your phone.) Click on Pay Fines/Fees. Check the fines you want to pay on the right column of select “Check All”. Fill in your Visa or Mastercard information. Then click “Finish” once. Do not submit your payment more than once because your bank or credit card account will be charged each time.
- If I use online payment, is my patron information and my credit card safe?
Third party providers used in the process to pay fines or fees, pay for printing, donate, or otherwise initiate credit transactions via the library’s website are protected by SSL certification, a protocol for transmitting data securely. The Round Rock Public Library does not collect or store any credit card processing data collected from the SmartPay site.
- What forms of payment are accepted for online payments?
Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
- Can I use PayPal for my online payment?
No, the Library’s payment system does not support payments via PayPal.
- Is a service fee charged when paying bills online?
The Round Rock Public Library does not charge a service fee to pay your fines/fees online with a credit card.
- Is there a minimum amount that can be paid online?
Any amount can be paid.
- How do I get a receipt when I pay my bill online?
After the Credit Card information is processed the system will show a receipt that can be printed. If you are paying from a library computer regular print fees will be charged.
- When will the payment be reflected on my Library account?
Library fines and fees are cleared automatically during the payment process.
- Why do the fines/fees I just paid still appear on my account screen?
You must “refresh” that screen. When you do, it will accurately reflect your payment.
- If my account has been referred to the collection agency, can I pay my bill using the Library credit card payment system?
You can make an online payment, but patrons should also contact Chip Hadley at the library at 512-341-3160.
- What happens if I receive a message that the transaction was declined?
Your bills will remain on your account until paid. Contact the financial institution issuing your credit/debit card for more information as to why the transaction was declined. A failed transaction may leave a pending charge on your account. These “pre-authorized” amounts normally clear within 24 hours.
- I found the lost item that I paid for online. Can I now return the item and obtain a refund?
Lost items that have been billed and paid for become the property of the borrower. The Library does not issue refunds for lost/paid items.
- Why don’t my fines show up when I know I have overdue items?
The fines don’t show up until the item has been returned, renewed, or reached a maximum fine. Only then will the actual fine appear on your account.
By default, your PIN should be the last four digits of your phone number.