Bilingual Storytime is a lively 30-minute combination of books, fingerplays, and songs in English and a second language.
Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Chinese : First Tuesday of the month, ages 3-6
- Spanish: Second and fifth Tuesdays, ages 3-6
- American Sign Language: Third Tuesday, ages 3-6, in partnership with The Signing Connection
- Hindi: Fourth Tuesday, ages 3-6
*Please check the calendar for occasional changes, special events or cancellations.
- The class succeeds best when everyone observes the recommended ages.
- No pre-registration is required, unless you will be bringing a group of six or more children.
For more information or to preregister a group:
Contact Virginia Hadley, 512-218-3275
Check out some bilingual resources for families and children:
- International Children’s Digital Library: The ICDL collection includes 4619 free kids e-books in 59 languages.
- Spanish and bilingual picture books: The library has a large selection of Spanish and Spanish/English picture books.
- Spanish easy reader books: Easy reader Spanish books for beginning readers are available for check-out.
- Korean books for kids: Korean language children’s books for young readers are available for check-out.
- Parenting books: The library’s parenting collection contains books in both Spanish and English.
- Sign language DVDs: Children’s sign language DVDs are available for check-out.