The library supports free access to digital information and the Internet for all guests through:
- Internet-connected computer workstations in the children’s area.
- Free WiFi throughout the building for your own laptop, tablet, phone, e-reader, or other device.
- Parents may check out Chomebook computers for their children.
- Dash and Dot robot kits, Sphero robot kits and Raspberry Pi kits are available for check out with a Library card.
Great websites for youth
Here are a few recommended websites for kids and teens. Please see our computer use policies and parental guidelines. If you are concerned about inappropriate sites, you should supervise your child’s Internet sessions.
News websites for elementary & middle school students
- Times for Kids: http://www.timeforkids.com/
- Scholastic News: http://magazines.scholastic.com/
- Smithsonian Tween Tribune: http://tweentribune.com/
- Youngzine: http://youngzine.org/
- DOGO News: https://www.dogonews.com/
News websites for middle & high school students
- CNN Student News: http://edition.cnn.com/studentnews/
- PBS Newshour Extra: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/
- NY Times Learning Network: http://www.nytimes.com/section/learning
Online games for kids
- American Library Association – Great Websites for Kids: http://gws.ala.org/
- Starfall: http://www.starfall.com/
- Friv 4 School: http://www.friv4school.com/school.html
- Nick Junior: http://www.nickjr.com/
- PBS Kids: http://pbskids.org/
For more information, contact the Children’s Desk at 512-218-3275