Round Rock Public Library – Portal to Texas History Collection
The Portal to Texas History is a gateway to rare, historical, and primary source materials from or about Texas. Created and maintained by the University of North Texas Libraries, the Portal leverages the power of hundreds of content partners across the state to provide a vibrant, growing collection of resources.
Round Rock History Websites
- The Historic Round Rock Collection: An Ongoing History The Historic Round Rock Collection is a project documenting Round Rock’s history. The collection features a chronological history of Round Rock and includes Old Town, the Chisholm trail, historic places and architecture, and oral histories.
- Preservation Minute videos Watch video segments about the history and preservation of historic Round Rock.
- Texas Digital Sanborn Maps These digitized maps provide detailed property and land-use records that depict the architecture of Texas towns and cities throughout the past one hundred years. Coverage of Round Rock runs from 1885-1925.
- Handbook of Texas Online entry for Round Rock, Texas A good, concise historical sketch of Round Rock including mention of a few early pioneers and places. Includes bibliography.
- Texas Historic Sites Atlas Check this Texas Historical Commission database for Round Rock and Williamson County historical markers.
- Texas General Land Office – History & Archives Search for land grants, surnames, maps, and collections throughout Texas history dating back to 1720. Coverage includes Williamson County.
- Historical Round Rock The best starting point for Round Rock history.
- Round Rock recollections This collection of articles on Round Rock was done by the Round Rock New neighbors Club in 1987.
- Historic structure report, The Sansom house, #2 Chisholm Trail, Round Rock, Texas, also known as “La Cantina”
- The hitchhiker’s guide to Round Rock Includes geographic and street indexes as of April 2001.
- Texas Baptist Children’s Home, 1950-2000: hope for generations: celebrating fifty years of service to children and families
- Cole directory for greater Austin and vicinity. Includes Round Rock and Williamson County from 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2001-2018.
Family or Biographical Works
- The Mather Clan, the first two hundred years
- Seward Stories of three generations of Sewards in Round Rock-Liberty Hill area.
- Three Zimmermann brothers, Oskar, Bernhard, and Franz, ancestors and descendants
- Echoes Round Rock history done by an honors English class at Round Rock High School in 1988.
- History of Gattis Elementary School
- Round Rock High School Alumni Directory, 1996.
- Whispers Stories and poems done by Round Rock High School students. 1982 and 1985 available.
YearbooksAsk for yearbooks at the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor. The number in parentheses indicates the number of copies available.
Round Rock High School DragonView our catalog to see all available Round Rock Dragon yearbooks.
McNeil High School MaverickView our catalog to see all available McNeil Maverick yearbooks.
Stony Point High School TouchstoneView our catalog to see all available Stony Point Touchstone yearbooks. Other Round Rock yearbooks Gattis Elementary Gator Tracks: 1994 Great Oaks Elementary Geckos: 1999 Canyon Vista Middle School Round Up: 1996 CD Fulkes Middle School Legend: 2000, 2008
Round Rock Newspapers on Microfilm
- Round Rock Leader – 1929-2016 We have brief date runs from 1929-1974 and a complete run from 1975-2005, except for 1993. Date runs after 2005 are not complete.