This event has been CANCELED.
The Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department presents the annual Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt and Movie in the Park on Thursday, April 9, at the Old Settlers Park.
The sun has set and the moon shines bright; Join us for an egg hunt in the night.
A treat filled hunt ring waits for you; Eggs, Candy, Prizes and lots of fun too!
Bring your flashlight and a basket to fill; It’s so exciting you can’t sit still!
A few special prize eggs colored bright gold; Redeem it for a prize basket that you now hold!
We encourage fair play and friendliness too; So please hunt nicely, it’s the right thing to do!
You won’t want to miss so join in on the fun; Stay for a Movie in the Park when the hunt is done!
Tickets for this event are PRE-SALE ONLY! A limited number of participants are allowed in each hunt; sign up early to ensure your space. Early Registration (August 6 – April 5) fees are $5 per hunter; Late Registration (begins April 6) fees are $7. We ask that you please arrive 30-45 minutes early to ensure you are able to attend your designated hunt time. PRESALE TICKETS ONLY; NO EVENT DAY REGISTRATION ALLOWED
Wristband Pick Up:
You may pick up your flashlight egg hunt wristband on April 8 from 12pm – 10pm or April 9 from 5am – 4pm at Clay Madsen Recreation Center. Wristbands can also be picked up on event day at the event area starting at 5:30pm. When picking up your wrist bands, please bring your receipt.
Schedule of events:
Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your hunt time to check in.
7:00pm: Twilight Egg Hunt for ages 0-4 years. Not quite as dark for our younger hunters. Only one parent will be allowed in the hunt ring to assist, Parent must stay with hunter at all times. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
8:00pm: Flashlight Parent Assisted Hunt #1, Ages 5 – 9 Years – One parent will be allowed in the hung ring to assist, Recommended for our younger hunters. Parent must stay with hunter at all times. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
8:30pm: Flashlight Parent Assisted Hunt #2, Ages 5 – 9 Years – One parent will be allowed in the hung ring to assist, Recommended for our younger hunters. Parent must stay with hunter at all times. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
9:00pm: Flashlight Children Only Hunt, No parents allowed in the hunt ring, Recommended for our older hunters. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
9:20pm: Movie in the Park featuring Gnomeo & Juliet
- Arrive early to ensure you attend your scheduled hunt time. Reserve enough time for traffic and parking. If you miss your scheduled hunt time, we cannot allow you to hunt at another time.
- Please bring your own flashlight and basket to collect all of the goodies.
- Please help us in hosting a safe event, only one parent per registered child allowed in the hunt ring. All other family members need to wait outside the hunt ring.
- No strollers, wagons, push carts/toys or buggies allowed in the hunt ring. You will be able to park them alongside the hunt ring area.
- Do not leave valuables as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please be aware, it is dark in the park at night time. The hunt ring is fenced in, however if you feel your child may get scared, please sign them up for the most appropriate hunt.
- Parents and Guardians please remember this is a hunt for the children and youth to enjoy. Not a competition for you, encourage safety and fair play.
- Please leave the family pet at home.