RED! WHITE! BLUE! AND YOU! The Parade and Frontier Days ARE BACK for 2021!
Rock Rock Texas knows how to celebrate Independence Day! We will celebrate Saturday, July 3, 2021 with a full day of patriotic festivities including parade, festival, carnival, music and fireworks.
Annual Sertoma Independence Day Parade
The 2021 Annual Sertoma Independence Day Parade is bigger and better than ever and will once again feature giant helium inflatables, community groups and patriotic spirit. This parade will take place on the 1.5 mile route along Mays Street between Mays Crossing and Highway 79. The parade will start at 8:30am to beat the heat so arrive early to find the best seat to watch and celebrate!
Interested in joining our parade? Download the Rules & Regulations 2021 FINAL document and review the 2021 General Information & Rules and Regulations (PDF).
Apply to be a part of the Sertoma Independence Day Parade: Click HERE to submit you online application for review.
For parade sponsorship information, download the Sponsorship Opportunities 2021.
Contact Roger Heaney in the Parks and Recreation Office for more information about sponsorships:
Office: (512) 341-3361
Mobile: (512) 844-5292
Fax: (512) 218-5548
Parade Sponsored By:
Frontier Days at Old Settlers Park
Let the celebration continue! Hip Hip Horray! U.S. of YAY! Join in at Old Settlers Park with patriotic fun and festivities including carnival rides, entertainment, music, Swifty Swine Racing Pigs, vendors and more! Keep Calm and Sparkle On with a fantastic firework show at dark! Frontier Days opens at 12noon. Schedule of events to be announced soon!
We are excited to host an Independence Day Celebration with our community! The chance to be together again is thrilling and welcome! It may also come with a feeling of uncertainty and we understand. We invite you to explore the steps we take together keeping in mind choice, respect, kindness, health and safety. Your cooperation and consideration of all of those in our community will help ensure a wonderful celebration for all.
Before You Arrive:
Participants are asked to self-screen before attending public events for any signs or symptoms of communicable diseases. Symptoms commonly associated with communicable diseases include:
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Cough (new onset or worsening)
- Sore/Scratchy Throat
- New Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle Pain
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Gastrointestinal distress/Upset Stomach
- Swelling of toes/lower extremities
- Chest Tightness or pain
- Swollen Lymph nodes or glands
- Abdominal Pain
Attendees displaying any of these symptoms or those under any quarantine orders should not attend public events. An inherent risk exists in any public place especially those of vulnerable populations and with underlying medical conditions. Each participant should evaluate their risk and determine whether to attend.
- Choose to respect and be considerate of others
- Choose to find a space of your comfort to enjoy the day’s events. Our parade route is over one mile long with ample space to find a place to view. Our festival in Old Settlers Park (acres, miles, etc) will feature activities spread throughout.
- Choose to be aware of the space between yourself and others
- Choose to bring your own sanitizer or utilize hand sanitizing stations around the festival grounds
- Choose to have a mask. If facial coverings are not mandated, participants should bring a mask as guidelines recommend facial coverings indoors or outdoors in areas where social distancing is not possible. Some local business along the parade route may also require masks for entry.
- Signage will be present throughout parade and festival area to remind and guide our guests
- Should you choose to enjoy these events from the comfort of your home, a variety of live streamed events will be offered. Please check our schedule of events often for updates.
- Make special memories with family and friends
- Enjoy the celebrations of the day safely and responsibly.
Our health and safety plans could evolve and change in conjunction with Federal, State and Local guidelines. Please continue to check out website for additional information.
|8:30am||Sertoma Independence Day Parade STARTS|
|12:00pm||Frontier Days at Old Settlers Park|