All the activities at Old Settlers Park on July 4 means lots of people – who, in turn, create lots of traffic. Please be patient and expect delays. The entrances to the park off of Hwy. 79 and Old Settlers Blvd. will be closed at 8:45pm before the fireworks start so that we can prepare for one-way exiting traffic.
Download the July 4th TRAFFIC Map REVISED (PDF)
- People parked North of Lakeview Pavilion will have to exit to the North.
- People parked South of the Pavilion will have to exit to the South.
- Old Settlers Blvd. will be one-way west bound from A.W. Grimes to Harrell Parkway once the fireworks begin.
- Old Settlers Blvd. from Aten Loop to Red Bud Ln. will be east bound only when the fireworks begin.
- Please be prepared for some traffic congestion at the Celebration and be patient. Plan your schedule accordingly. The City wants people to enjoy the event but some traffic congestion is inevitable. A relaxed, understanding attitude can help make everything run smoothly and safely.
- Please be on the watch for pedestrians, especially children. The Celebration is a popular event for families who will be returning to their cars or homes in the dark as motorists are trying to exit the park. Drive carefully and be alert.
- Please pay attention to Round Rock Parks and Recreation employees who will be directing traffic into the Celebration and park only in designated areas. Parking in a non-designated area may mean your car will be blocked in as traffic begins leaving or it could be towed during the Celebration.
- Please do not park on the side of the road or rubberneck to watch the fireworks. Cars on the side of road or driving slowly add to the traffic congestion and are a hazard. Car engines can ignite dry grass and cause brush fires as well.
- Please avoid reckless driving. Cutting across medians, tailgating, passing on the shoulder, etc. increase traffic congestion and endanger motorists.
- Dogs are not allowed at the Celebration. If you have a dog in your car, you will not be allowed in the park.
- No personal fireworks are allowed in the park.
- Please pay attention to officers directing traffic after the Celebration. Review the above traffic routes and be aware of where you need to go to get out. The Round Rock Police Department will have a large number of officers to help direct the exiting traffic.