Up to two of the following permits can be issued the same day; if the contractor is registered with the city and has pulled permits before, they can usually be issued while you wait:
- Electrical only
- Mechanical only
- Plumbing only
- Irrigation/Sprinklers only
At the time of submittal, please include the following:
- A completed Permit Application (pdf)
- A permit fee (cash or check)
- If the contractor is not already registered with the city, a contractor information sheet. Electrical, plumbing and mechanical contractors must be licensed with the State of Texas.
- For sprinkler systems: include drawings that meet state specifications. Drawings must include the irrigator’s seal and signature.
- For foundation repair: Include an engineered foundation plan with engineer’s seal and signature.
“On the spot” permits are issued the same day. If the contractor is already registered with the city and has pulled permits before, they can often be issued while you wait. If the applicant is not present, staff will call the applicant to pick up the permit at the Inspections Services counter.
Instructions for using the online Automated Inspection Request System will be included with the permit.