Please include the following items with your application:
- Completed Permit Application (pdf)
- Plans (Paper copies must be 8.5”x11” or 11”x17.” Please do not staple):
- One complete set of building plans (paper)
- One plot plan (paper) showing the house footprint, corner elevations of the lot, and impervious cover percentage
- One engineered foundation plan (paper)
- One CD or USB flash drive with the above documents in pdf format. Please use descriptive filenames
- If the project is over 5000 sq. ft., the plans must be stamped and signed by an engineer.
- 2015 ResCheck form
- Payment for all permit fees (cash or check). Fees are based on when the lot was platted and recorded.
- Contractor information sheets for all contractors and subcontractors are not required with the application, but must be received before the permit can be released. Fax completed Contractor information sheets to 512-218-5563. Electrical, plumbing and mechanical contractors must be licensed with the State of Texas.
- An asbestos survey is required if walls are to be removed from a building built before 1990.
Permit procedure for new single-family buildings:
After your application is received it will be distributed to all applicable review staff. The reviewers will email their comments directly to the primary contact identified on the application (usually the architect). Responses should be emailed back to the reviewer. Paper redlines may be picked up at the Inspections Services counter.
When all comments have been addressed the permit will be issued and staff will call the applicant to pick up the permit at the Inspections Services counter. Instructions for using the online Automated Inspection Request System will be included with the permit.
Review time varies depending on the complexity of the project and the completeness of the submittal. The average turnaround time from submittal to permit is currently 3-5 days for new single-family construction.
Passing the final inspection serves as the Certificate of Occupancy for single-family residential structures. You can download a copy of the final inspection through eTrakIT. If any re-inspection fees are assessed, they must be paid before the scheduling the final inspection. After the final inspection is passed, permanent power will be released to TXU Electric Delivery and Atmos Energy.