The City of Round Rock conducts several types of neighborhood cleanups. No matter what type of cleanup is conducted the guidelines are the same.
Please do not block the sidewalk when placing items out. Items may be placed in the street. Do not park in front of a pile on pickup day. If you encounter any pickup issues, please contact Round Rock Refuse at 512-255-4980.
The City conducts a citywide cleanup in the spring. The next citywide cleanup is tentatively scheduled for April 15 – 19, 2019. (More information to come)
Directed Neighborhood Cleanups
The City conducts directed neighborhood cleanups where one or two specific neighborhoods are involved. Trash and/or brush will be picked up from those neighborhoods only on the specified date.
There are no directed neighborhood cleanups scheduled at this time.
Items that can be discarded include:
- Non-Freon appliances (washer, dryer, stove etc.) Please provide 2 feet of side clearance for appliances.
- Scrap metal (must be less than 4’ long)
- Treated wood (fence materials)
- Tree limbs *Please note special instructions below*
– Limbs must not exceed 8” in diameter
– Limbs must not exceed 15’ in length
– No palm tree or cacti limbs will be accepted
– Bamboo must be bundled
Items that cannot be discarded include:
- Freon appliances (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioner units)
- Televisions and computers (contact local appliance recyclers)
- Automotive products/fluids (accepted at Recycling Center)
- Paint (accepted at Recycling Center)
- Hazardous chemicals (accepted at Recycling Center)
- Demolition/construction debris or metal fencing
- Batteries, ammunition or explosives
- Concrete or rocks
- Railroad tie lumber
- Pianos, hot tubs, motorcycles or items larger than a normal size appliance
Options for items that cannot be put out at the curb during cleanup events
- Batteries – non-rechargeable alkaline batteries – Can safely be disposed of with normal household waste. Please visit Duracell.com for disposal tips. Rechargeable batteries (nickel cadmium, lithium hydride, nickel metal hydride and lead/acid [vehicle batteries]) are accepted at the Recycling Center.
- CFLs – CFLs are accepted at home improvement stores
- Commercial oil – Fuel Blenders, 512-365-1920; H&H Waste Oil or any other commercial oil recycler
- Electronics – TVs – Texas Recycles TVs Program
- Electronics – Computers, etc. – Texas Recycles Computers Program; Consumer Technology Association; MRM E-Recycling Management
- Freon appliances – (1) Round Rock Appliance Recycling; (2) Hutto Recycling Center (located at Wm County Landfill); or (3) Round Rock Refuse
- Glass – Glass is accepted with your Curbside Recycling.
- Sharps – (1) TCEQ Tips for Disposal of Syringes from Households or (2) Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Tires – Wal-Mart Automotive, Discount Tire, NTB or any other tire dealership
- Vehicles – Vehicles For Veterans is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit vehicle donation program benefiting disabled veterans. They provide donors with free towing and a tax deduction.
Garbage, lumber, rocks and landscape material, mattresses, old furniture may be taken to the Williamson County Landfill located in Hutto.
Disclaimer: Sites are listed for informational purposes only. City of Round Rock does not endorse any of these entities nor their services.
Guidelines for placing brush out for pickup
When discarding brush and other items please make two separate piles. One for brush and one for everything else. Brush is recycled at a different facility and turned into mulch. No trash or treated wood (fence materials, lumber, trash bags or loose trash) can be in the brush pile.
Brush piles must have 5 feet of clearance on all sides and free from obstructions 15 feet tall (power lines and trees). Do not place brush piles within 5 feet of mail boxes, poles, trees, parked cars, or the bulk trash pile. The brush pile may not exceed 15 feet in length. Failure to follow the guidelines will result in the resident being responsible for the removal.
Brush piles with bulk trash mixed in will be skipped and will be the resident’s responsibility to remove.