Zoning Verification Letters provide information to lenders and attorneys about a property’s address and legal description, development potential and compliance with current zoning ordinances. The letters do not include information related to building permits or Certificates of Occupancy; for this information:
- Contact Inspection Services Manager Mark Remmert (512-218-5550) regarding building permits and certificates of occupancy.
- Contact Engineering Technician Jimmy Vrabel (512-218-6604) for information related to approved site plans.
- Contact Captain Mark Selby (512-218-6633) for information regarding fire code violations.
To request a Zoning Verification Letter
Send the following information to Kerstin Harding in an email or fax (512-218-3286):
- Address of property
- Your contact information (name, phone#, email)
- If the letter is to be addressed to another party, that party’s name and address
- If the letter is to be mailed and/or emailed to another party, that party’s name, address, and email
As of August 1, 2007 there is a $50 fee for Zoning Verification Letters. Please send a check to:
Attn: Vickie Moreno
Round Rock Planning Department
301 W. Bagdad Ave., Suite 210
Round Rock, TX 78664
Please make the check payable to “City of Round Rock, TX”, and write “ZVL for [address]” in the memo line.
Most letters can be completed within a few working days (often while the check is in transit). The letter will be emailed or faxed, and a hard copy mailed (1st class) to the party the requestor asks it to be sent to.
If you do not require a signed letter, you can look up the current zoning of a property using CityView, Round Rock’s internet map server (instructions posted here). You may ask Planning & Development Services staff. There is no charge for this service.
Copies of all Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) and amendments are available online. These documents have been edited for length and may not include the entire ordinance adopting the PUD, but do include the entire development agreement.
Our Zoning Ordinance is available online through Municode:
Chapter 46: Zoning Ordinance
Article 3: Zoning Districts
Section 46-160: Supplementary Use Standards
Section 46-195: Landscaping Standards
Section 46-196: Off-street Parking & Loading Standards
Article 5: Nonconformities