Save money on your utility bill by using rainwater instead of tap water on plants and landscapes. The City’s Water Treatment Plant sells 55-gallon re-purposed barrels for use as rain barrels. Collecting rainwater is easy and beneficial.
- It’s free!
- Better for plants than treated tap water, due to its nitrogen content.
- Helps prevent erosion when slowly released.
- Rainwater collection is permitted within City limits. HOA’s cannot prohibit collection.
- Can be used to fill ponds, birdbaths, water gardens, or slowly released to reduce erosion.
To learn more please visit rainwater harvesting.
These rain barrels are re-purposed at the City’s Water Treatment Plant and are available for $25.
- 55 gallon re-purposed barrel
- Spigot to attach garden hose
- Semi-circle cut-out for roof downspout
- $25 cash or check only