Residents of all ages are invited to participate in the City of Round Rock’s Imagine a Day Without Water Art Contest! This fun and creative activity can help raise awareness on the importance of water in our everyday lives.
The contest is simple: create a poster conveying what you imagine a day without water to look like.
- Any medium can be used (paint, colored pencils, crayons, markers, digital, etc.)
- Standard letter size paper or larger up to 12″ x 12″
- Download the poster template (optional) and print at home, or grab one at the information tables we have at the library, inside city hall, or main utility office all month.
- Entry Form must be submitted with artwork
Posters will be judged on artistry, creativity, originality, and the ability to communicate the importance of water in our everyday lives.
One winner will be chosen in each of four age categories (5-7 years, 8-10 years, 11-15 years, and 16+ years).
* Each winner will receive a gift card, public recognition and a (potentially virtual) picture with the Mayor during the November 12th City Council Meeting, as well as have their artwork displayed at City Hall through the end of December. *
By submitting an entry, the participant is agreeing to have their submission, including identifying information like name, age bracket, etc. shared on the City of Round Rock’s website, social media pages and print materials.
Entry form pick up and drop off locations:
Utility Billing office, inside City Hall – 221 E. Main Street
What would a day without water look like?
You’d start your day without a shower, a taste of morning breath but you can’t brush your teeth, don’t even think about using the toilet…YIKES and you haven’t even left the bathroom yet. How about that freshly brewed morning coffee? Nope! Can’t do any laundry, plants need watering, dishes need to be washed, pets are thirsty…the list goes on but I think you get the drift. Water is vital, it is our most precious resource.