2022 Young Author Writing Contest
April 17 @ 9:00 am – May 17 @ 5:00 pm
This year’s writing contest theme was chosen by the Tween Advisory Club:
- 2022 contest theme: Time Travel
Writing contest prizes:
- The writers of the top three stories or poems will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card: 1st place $30, 2nd place $20, and 3rd place $10.
- First, second, and third place winner will be chosen from two age categories: Tween (ages 8-12) and Teen (ages 13-18)
- All short story / poetry entries will be turned into a book that will become part of the Round Rock Public Library’s local author collection for children.
- Writers may enter one original short story or poem.
- The short story must be a maximum of 2000 words or 5 pages double-spaced. There is no required minimum word count or story length. Please do not send pictures or graphics with your story. We are not able to include them in the book.
- Writers must be ages 8-18. There are two age categories: Tween (ages 8-12) and Teen (ages 13-18)
- Previously published stories will not be accepted.
- Entries (both digital and mailed) must be received before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
- Entries must include the writer’s name, parent or guardian’s name, age, e-mail address, phone number, and the story title.
- Entries submitted that do not meet the contest guidelines will be disqualified.
- The Teen Advisory Board will vote on the top three stories. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
How to enter the contest:
- Read the contest guidelines.
- Write your story or poem!
- Digital Submission: Save your story in a Word document or in a plain text file. Attach the file and email it to: Amy German at email@example.com or Jane Dance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail-in Submission: All mailed in stories will be the property of the library and not returned. Please mail a copy if you would like to keep the original story. Mail the submission to: Round Rock Public Library, Attention: Amy German, 216 E. Main Street, Round Rock, Texas, 78664.
This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Round Rock Public Library.