The Round Rock Public Library and Austin SCORE will be offering a series of free workshops for entrepreneurs and small business owners on Fridays from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., through October 26. SCORE is a nonprofit dedicated to helping small businesses and entrepreneurs start, develop and maintain their businesses.
These free timely workshops, presented by recognized experts and practitioners, will cover a variety of issues facing small business owners and entrepreneurs including finances, marketing, and strategic planning.
Join us on Friday, Oct. 19 for The Basics for Website Design. How do you design a great website? You start with knowing your prospects and making sure they don’t leave empty-handed. Where do you start and what tools should you use? Brent Werbeck will offer guidance for good design and how to get started. He will also introduce you to the best tools and resources with a focus on WordPress. He will provide what you need to know to have a great website:
- Know your prospects and site visitors, build a profile
- What is the purpose of the site?
- What will you offer them?
- Less is more in design
- Be innovative and avoid clutter
- Make it conversion friendly
- Use visual elements to guide the visitor
- Don’t let them leave empty-handed (content marketing)
- What is WordPress?
- Why would you consider WordPress?
- Who will be creating the site? Build the project and manage it!
- How to hire a developer
- How to do it yourself (host, install, theme, plugins, design)
- Book recommendation on learning WordPress
- Introduction to the WP community
- Where to find themes and plug-ins for sale
- Where to find design companies and freelance developers
Download schedule to see other workshops.
About the Presenter
Brent Werbeck, Co-Founder of Get More Reviews, has spent his entire career empowering local business owners with the latest digital tools to gain and retain customers. At Google, Brent helped local businesses around the globe maximize the power of various Google applications including gSuite, Maps, Search and Offers. After Google, Brent joined a local Austin startup, RxWiki (now called Digital Pharmacist), and launched its Digital Pharmacist Program, growing the business to over 1,500 community pharmacies nationwide. As Co-founder of Get More Reviews, Brent continues to educate and serve local business owners with a focus on reputation marketing and review management solutions.