The Round Rock Public Library is hosting a Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest that begins on Thursday, October 24, 2019 and lasts through noon on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
Decorate a pumpkin (or gourd) as a book character or with a literary theme and drop it off at the Round Rock Public Library children’s desk for display from October 24 – October 31. Library staff will vote for the best literary pumpkins on Thursday, October 31, 2019. The winners will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card!
- The library cannot accept carved pumpkin submissions. Only painted and/or decorated whole pumpkin submissions may be entered into the contest.
- Submissions will not be accepted before Thursday, October 24, 2018 at 9 am.
- All contest submissions must be accompanied by a Pumpkin Entry Form.
- Contest submissions must be turned into library staff by Thursday, October 31, 2018 at noon. Late pumpkin submissions will not be accepted.
- One winner will be chosen from each of the following age categories: young kids (ages 7 and under) & tweens (ages 8-12).
- All pumpkins must be picked up by noon Friday, November 1, 2019 at 6 pm. Pumpkins that are not picked up by this time will be disposed of.
For more information, please contact the Children’s Desk, (512) 218-3275.