The Round Rock Public Library and AMT Lifetime Financial present a FREE Educational College Scholarship and Financial Aid workshop that will focus on college-bound high school sophomores, juniors, and last minute seniors, Thursday, Jan. 24, 6:30 p.m., Meeting Room A. There are new FAFSA timelines that your family needs to be aware of! We’ll discuss the financial aid eligibility formula and other information you need to understand while in high school, to receive the maximum amount of grants, scholarships and financial aid in college.
Learn how most families who thought they could never qualify for financial aid based on their high income or high assets can become eligible for aid. Understand cost effective options to fund college, and how to avoid costly pitfalls without putting a strain on your retirement and the rest of your family finances.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to navigate the confusion caused by the recent FAFSA deadline changes
- How to send your child to an expensive private college for less than a state school
- How to pick the right schools that will give you the best financial aid packages
- How the U.S. Department of Education calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and which assets are taken into consideration
- How to create a plan to pay for college in any economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or raiding your retirement accounts
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of financial aid from each school
- How to increase your college-related tax deductions and tax credits
For more information
Contact Julie Chapa, 512-218-7014.