This is a great chance to learn more about the traditions and foods associated with the upcoming festival of Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. In 2018, Diwali is celebrated near the beginning of November.
Ms. Shachi will begin with a storytime, then the guests can visit stations that include:
- a reading corner
- sampling traditional foods
- making paper Diyas
- making hanging elephants
- making Diwali hand art
- viewing Rangoli art
Hindi Bilingual Storytime meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in Room B.
This program, developed for ages 3 and up, celebrates Indian culture with stories, fingerplays, songs, and other activities in both English and Hindi.
The regular monthly rotation of Bilingual programs:
- 1st Tuesday: Chinese (ages 3-6)
- 2nd Tuesday: Spanish (ages 3-6)
- 3rd Tuesday: American Sign Language (ages 1-6)
- 4th Tuesday: Hindi (ages 3-6)
- 5th Tuesday: Spanish (ages 3-6)
For more information, please contact Virginia Hadley at 512-218-3275.