YOU are your child’s first teacher! Join us for Families Reading Together, from 10 to 11 a.m., Tuesdays, June 13, 20 and 27 in Meeting Room A.
Round Rock ISD wants to partner with parents, grandparents and caregivers to help prepare children ages 0-4 for a lifetime of learning. Classes at the Round Rock Public Library are designed to encourage a love of books in our youngest learners using stories, songs, and hands-on activities.
Parents and caregivers will also learn activities and strategies that can be used at home.
What are the skills children need to know to be ready for school?
- Knowing the names of objects
- Being interested in and enjoying books
- Being able to describe objects and events and tell a story
- Noticing letters and words, knowing how to handle a book, knowing how to follow words on a page
- Knowing that letters have names and sounds
For more information
RRISD Parent Liaison Vicki Salinas, 512-464-5983
Adult Services Librarian Julie Chapa, 512-218-7014