- This event has passed.
Family Book Character Pumpkin Contest
October 26 – October 31
The Round Rock Public Library is hosting a family Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest that begins on Wednesday, October 26, 2022. Families are invited to decorate a pumpkin (or gourd) as a book character or with a literary theme and drop it off at the Round Rock Public Library children’s desk from October 26 – October 30.
The Tween Council will choose the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place pumpkins. Winners will be announced on Monday, November 7, 2022, and will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card!
- One pumpkin entry per family may be entered into the contest. Pumpkin submissions must be based on a book and/or book character.
- The library cannot accept carved pumpkin submissions. Only painted and/or decorated whole pumpkin submissions may be entered into the contest.
- Submissions will not be accepted before Monday, October 26, 2022, at 9 am.
- All contest submissions must be accompanied by a Pumpkin Entry Form.
- Contest submissions must be turned into library staff by Sunday, October 30, 2022, at 5:30 pm. Late pumpkin submissions will not be accepted.
- Winning families will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card: 1st place $30, 2nd place $20, and 3rd place $10.
- The Tween Council will choose the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place pumpkins on Thursday, November 3, 2022. Winners will be announced on Monday, November 7, 2022.
- All pumpkins must be picked up by Monday, October 31, 2022, at 8:30 pm. Pumpkins that are not picked up by this time will be disposed of.
For more information, please contact the Children’s Desk, (512) 218-3275.