The Round Rock Public Library is hosting a family Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest that begins on Friday, October 23, 2020. Families are invited to decorate a pumpkin (or gourd) as a book character or with a literary theme and drop it off at the Round Rock Public Library children’s desk for display from October 23 – October 29. Library staff will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place pumpkins on Friday, November 6, 2020. The winners will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card!
- One pumpkin entry per family may be entered into the contest. Pumpkin submissions must be based on a book and/or book character.
- The library cannot accept carved pumpkin submissions. Only painted and/or decorated whole pumpkin submissions may be entered into the contest.
- Submissions will not be accepted before Friday, October 23, 2020, at 10 am.
- All contest submissions must be accompanied by a Pumpkin Entry Form – 2020.
- Contest submissions must be turned into library staff by Wednesday, October 29, 2020, at 5 pm. Late pumpkin submissions will not be accepted.
- A ballot box will be available for in-library voting between Friday, October 30th – Saturday, October 31st at 2 pm. Voting on social media will take place between Saturday, October 31st – Wednesday, November 4th.
- Winning families will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card: 1st place $30, 2nd place $20, and 3rd place $10.
- All pumpkins must be picked up by Saturday, October 31, 2020, at 5 pm. Pumpkins that are not picked up by this time will be disposed of.
For more information, please contact the Children’s Desk, (512) 218-3275.