- This event has passed.
Find & Fix Leaks Classes
March 30 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Because minor leaks account for nearly 1 trillion gallons of water wasted each year in U.S. homes, the U.S. EPA’s WaterSense program, and the City of Round Rock, promotes Fix A Leak Week…for the whole month! Fix A Leak Week is an annual reminder to us to check household plumbing fixtures and irrigation systems for leaks.
Join us each Wednesday evening in March to learn how to Find and Fix Water Leaks around your property. The class is free and will be taught by City Water Conservation Program staff. There will be hands-on demonstrations and a little bit of walking outside on a sidewalk involved.
Topics covered will include:
- How to find and read your water meter;
- How to find and turn on/off your homeowner cut-off
- How to find and turn on/off the backflow prevention device for your automatic irrigation (sprinkler) system;
- How to check a toilet for leaks
- How to replace a toilet flapper
- How to log into the City water portal and view your daily and hourly water usage
- How to identify a leaking water heater
- …AND potentially more!
No need to attend all the classes, it will be the same material each week; however space is limited, so please sign up to attend. We also want to have enough materials ready for everyone.
- Dates: March 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30
- Time: 5:30p – 7:00pm.
- Location: Bob Bennett Utilities and Transportation Building at 3400 Sunrise Road, Round Rock
Unable to attend the in-person classes this month? That’s okay!
Sign up for a free, virtual (but live) classes on Tuesday, March 15th and Thursday, March 17th. Start time is 6pm. Tuesday’s class focus is indoor water leaks. Thursday’s class focus in outdoor water leaks.
March 15 (Indoor) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/233841715867
March 17 (Outdoor) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/233862177067