The Round Rock Public Library & AFSP Central Texas chapter presents a virtual storytime read-along event for youth, ages 5-11, and their trusted adults. Join us online Monday, June 14, 2021, at 6:30 p.m.
Gizmo’s Pawsome Guide to Mental Health© takes an upstream approach to support the mental health and wellness of youth through Gizmo’s friendly messaging by:
1) Introducing the concept of mental health;
2) Sharing how one may care for their own mental health daily;
3) Identifying when one’s mental health needs attention and how to use healthy coping strategies;
4) Defining trusted adults and how to connect with them; and
5) Making a personalized mental health plan that can be used daily.
The Guide includes fun activities and resources trusted adults can use to help the youth in their lives.
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (www.afsp.org) and the Connecticut Suicide Advisory Board (www.preventsuicidect.org) are pleased to partner to share this program.