Are you helping care for an older adult? Learn new resources at Powerful Tools for Caregivers, a FREE class series, sponsored by AGE of Central Texas, Caregiver U, and St. David’s Foundation, at the Round Rock Public Library! The series will begin Tuesday, July 2 and will run through Tuesday, August 6, from 1 to 2:45 p.m., Literacy Room.
This series of six classes is designed to empower family caregivers of older adults to take better care of themselves. The tools learned from Powerful Tools for Caregivers benefit caregivers by developing a wealth of self-care strategies to better handle the unique challenges faced by family caregivers.
Attendees will learn to:
- Identify and reduce personal stress
- Communicate feelings, needs, and concerns
- Communicate more effectively during challenging situations
Who should attend? ANYONE:
- Caring for a loved one
- Looking for caregiving resources and needing caregiving guidance
- Wanting to master caregiving decisions and learn from emotions
The evidence-based curriculum of Powerful Tools for Caregivers was developed by Dr. Kate Lorig and her colleagues at Stanford University and has benefited more than 80,000 caregivers nationwide.
For more information
Contact Julie Chapa, 512-218-7014.