Is the digital world passing you by?
Round Rock Public Library’s Tech Tutor program can help you navigate the internet, access free library resources, and master some communication fundamentals. Drop-in one-on-one assistance is offered each Wednesday, from 7 to 8 p.m., Reference Desk, Second Floor.
Walk-ins welcome during this hour, with assistance offered for these topics:
- Using/downloading items from Library databases and digital platforms (Overdrive, RB Digital) on your device
- Searching the internet
- Using the library’s online catalog
- Creating email accounts, attaching files
- Recommending sites for hobbies, information, self-instruction
Appointments for one-on-one help can also be made for Tuesdays, between 2 and 3 p.m. Pre-scheduled appointments only (must be scheduled by preceding Friday).
- Above topics
- Getting started with Skype
- Getting started with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Tech Tutor cannot assist with hardware troubleshooting, computer viruses, performance issues, or maintenance. Tech Tutor cannot help you make online purchases or download/install software. Tech Tutor will not be able to provide computer accessories for your device. Maximum two Tech Tutor sessions per customer per month.