Join us online to build and explore with LEGO® WeDo robotic kits. Participants will build a Smart Spinner, a spinner mechanism that is motorized to spin a top and release it, while using a motion sensor to turn the motor on and off.
Registered participants will check out a robotics kit with their library card. You will build the spinning robot at home and use LEGO drag and drop coding to make the robot move. We will meet virtually on Monday, September 14, 2020 at 4:30 pm to answer questions and show off your robotic creations.
• Online preregistration is required. Registration starts Monday, August 31, 2020 at 9 am.
• This event is for ages 10-14 only. Registration is limited to 6 participants.
• Only one kit may be checked out per household.
• Participants must possess a free library card. The robotics kit will be checked out to you upon pick-up.
• Robotics kits will be checked out for 10 days only. The kits must be returned to the Children’s Reference Desk. There will be no renewals or extensions.
• Kits will be available for pick-up at the Children’s Reference Desk starting Monday, September 7, 2020.