The Round Rock Public Library is accepting entries to the Write On! Tween Short Story Contest. Young authors, ages 8-12, may submit an original short story. The contest will be open from Thursday, April 1, 2021, to Friday, April 30, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Writing contest prizes:
- The writers of the top three stories will receive a Barnes and Noble gift card: 1st place $30, 2nd place $20, and 3rd place $10.
- All short story entries will be turned into a book that will become part of the Round Rock Public Library’s local author collection for children.
- Writers may enter one original short story.
- The story must be a maximum of 2000 words or 5 pages double-spaced. There is no required minimum word count or story length. Please do not send pictures or graphics with your story. We are not able to include them in the book.
- Writers must be ages 8-12.
- Previously published stories will not be accepted.
- Entries (both digital and mailed) must be received before 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 30, 2021.
- Entries must include the writer’s name, parent or guardian’s name, age, e-mail address, phone number, and the story title.
- Entries submitted that do not meet the contest guidelines will be disqualified.
How to enter the contest:
- Read the contest guidelines.
- Write your story!
- The Teen Advisory Board will vote on the top three stories. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 21, 2021.
- Digital Submission: Save your story in a Word document or in a plain text file. Attach the file and email it to: Amy German at email@example.com.
- Mail-in Submission: All mailed in stories will be the property of the library and not returned. Please mail a copy if you would like to keep the original story. Mail the submission to: Round Rock Public Library, Attention: Amy German, 216 E. Main Street, Round Rock, Texas, 78664.
2020 Writing Contest:
Please contact Amy German at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-218-7034