The Round Rock Public Library is accepting entries to the Write On! Tween Short Story Contest. Young authors, ages 8-12, may submit an original short story. The contest will be open from Thursday, March 26, 2020 – Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
The top short stories will be turned into a book which will become part of the Round Rock Public Library’s local author collection for children. Selected writers will also be invited to showcase their work at the Round Rock Public Library’s annual Local Author Fair.
- Writers may enter one original short story.
- The story must be a maximum of 2000 words or 5 pages double-spaced.
- Writers must be ages 8-12.
- Previously published stories will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received before Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
How to enter the contest:
- Read the contest guidelines.
- Write your story!
- Save your story in a Word document or in a plain text file. In the e-mail message please include: writer’s name, parent or guardian’s name, writer’s age, an e-mail address and/or phone number and the story title. Attach the file and email it to: Amy German at email@example.com.
Please contact Amy German at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-218-7034