My home is in a historic overlay district. How do I apply for a tax exemption?

  • January 8, 2015

An application must be completed and filed with the Williamson County Tax Appraisal District each year the property owner requests a property tax exemption. Applications take five minutes to complete and may be obtained from the Round Rock Planning Department in City Hall or the Williamson County Tax Appraisal District. Ordinary maintenance and upkeep must occur in order to earn the tax abatement. The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) will verify annually that the exterior of your structure is in good condition prior to approval by the City Council.