A special message from the library director
The Round Rock Public Library welcomes visitors from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and is closed on Sundays. There is limited seating, floor decals on the ground to designate where people should stand while in line, and Plexiglass shields at service desks and check-out. Please be courteous and mindful of others and practice proper social distancing by allowing at least 6 feet of space between each person. We are encouraging patrons to spend 30 minutes or less at the library.
Among other service changes are:
- Face coverings are required for visitors by city ordinance.
- Monitored and metered visitor access.
- Currently, the public computers are unavailable.
- Mobile printing is available.
- Study rooms, Meeting rooms, Literacy room and Computer classroom are closed.
- The Family Place play area closed.
- Book donations are not accepted.
- Interlibrary loan service is available. (Expect longer than usual processing and transit times, and potentially shorter than usual loan times.)
- Courtesy phone is unavailable.
- Texshare card program resumed August 17, 2020.
Virtual programming will continue with no in-person programming.
The Library’s curbside pickup service, located in the Sheppard Street parking lot, is available from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday through Saturday. Here’s how it works:
- Library will notify patrons by text or email that their holds (up to 5 items) are available to pick up.
- Patrons will have 7 days from receiving the notification to use curbside to pick-up items.
- Use the link found in your email or text notification to schedule your day to pick-up. This form can be filled out anytime up to 9 a.m. the morning of pick up.
- Enter the Sheppard Street parking lot and pull up to a staff member. Remain in the vehicle, put on your mask, and roll down the passenger-side window to tell staff members your full name.
- Items will already be checked out. Staff will retrieve items and take them to your vehicle.
- Returns must be made at the outside book drop at the opposite side of the building. No exceptions.
What happens if I don’t wear a face covering when required by City ordinance?
If a library employee notices or is informed of a customer who is not wearing a face covering, they will proactively inform the customer that for everyone’s health and safety, face coverings are mandatory for all customers and employees in the library. They will also offer to provide a mask if needed.
If customers refuse to follow the City of Round Rock’s face covering policy while in the library, they will be refused service and could also lose library privileges for at least the time that the City’s mandatory face covering ordinance is in effect.
If the customer continues to not wear their face covering, the library employee will report the incident so it can be reviewed. The library leadership team will investigate the incident and take the necessary action regarding the customer’s library privileges for future visits.
I turned in my library items to the outside book drop today. Why are they still on my account?
All returns will be quarantined for four days. Your items will still be checked out to you until the quarantine period is over. No fines or fees will be accrued.
Are you accepting donations?
Sorry no, we cannot process donations at this time.