- This event has passed.
Tax Free Weekend – Water Smart Items
May 27 @ 12:00 am – May 29 @ 12:00 am
Water savings products are sales-tax free this Memorial Day Weekend!
During Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday, May 27 – Monday, May 29, 2023, consumers can purchase select water-saving products that conserve water, recharge water tables, or limit water evaporation, tax-free!
- WaterSense labeled products (toilets, showerheads, bathroom faucets, irrigation controllers and timers, and more)
- soaker or drip irrigation hoses
- plants, trees, and grasses
- soil and compost
- rain barrels or alternative rain and moisture collection systems (always tax-exempt in Texas)
- moisture controllers, such as timers for irrigation or sprinkler systems
- water-saving surfactants
Remember, mulch is FREE EVERYDAY for City of Round Rock water customers at our Brush Recycling Center!
The Lawn and Garden Water Smart Tax Holiday was created in 2016 to encourage responsible water use in Texas. Learn more about the tax-free holiday at the Texas Comptroller’s website.
Increase your savings, by applying for a rebate on eligible water smart items, available through our conservation program!